Sunday, January 27, 2008

Five! is the magic number


Five! is the magic number
Originally uploaded by Carbon Images
Uploaded 27th Jan 2008

I was thinking of trying to pass this off as five Australian quintuplets (?) posing together in a model shoot, but the futility of that is obvious when I'm posting other pictures of Tiffany in the same set. Haha.

So how did this photo come about? Well...it just seemed a good idea at the time. We took a couple of goes at it and then compiled the picture using the background from the pose on the far right (that's our right, not hers). The other four shots were cut and pasted onto the original.

At first I tried to cut and paste as close to Tiffany as I could, but I found that didn't work and made it look very fake. So I took a rough edge around her with a bit of the background and overlaid it, and then spent some time blending the backgrounds with the original. That worked much better.

The hard parts were making sure the feet of 3 and 4 overlapped properly and didn't look false, that the shadows under the bench all merged in with each other (the sun was changing quite drastically as we moved through the shots) and that the shadows of the girl came into the picture looking natural.

All-in-all it seemed to work out quite well, and I'm pretty proud of it. I've looked through it in detail and I can't see any obvious seems, but if anyone spots on please let me know.

No comments: