Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Open Complaint To Telstra

The following is my rant to Telstra:



This is the plan I'm on:

Your current plan is BigPond ADSL Liberty* 8000/384 $89.95 monthly

This is the speedtest for my connection on a Telstra mirror this evening:

Your line speed is 71 kbps (0.07 Mbps).
Your download speed is 9 KB/s (0.01 MB/s).

This connection speed has never been any good. I have continually been told by your techs that I'll never get the speeds I pay for - but this is now ridiculous.

It is NOT the computer. I am all updated, and have rebooted it twice daily. I have rebooted the modem and so on. It is not the software and it is NOT the browser.

This time I would like an explanation why my service is so crap.

Just to re-iterate the point here's a second speed test done 5 minutes later:

Your line speed is 236 kbps (0.24 Mbps).
Your download speed is 30 KB/s (0.03 MB/s).

Better...but my line speed is only 4 times faster than a shitty dial-up modem!!!!!!!

No comments: