Thursday, September 20, 2007

Another Gripe About Poker

In the absence of anything sensible to write about, I'm going to moan about poker. I lost again. 434th in a tournament with only 470+ in it. I went all in on Ace-King and got beaten by a guy going all in on a pair of 9s. I mean, I ask you....

Would you really fold Ace-King in the face of an all-in?

I was hoping to get out and play some face-to-face poker tonight to see if my skills were improving after facing down the barrell of an internet connection for so long, but fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it), the wife caught an earlier flight and demanded picking up.

But I had to make do with the Trey Nations Freeroll on Party Poker with a MASSIVE $150 prize pool...which all goes pear-shaped about 6 hands in.

And glutton for punishment that I am, I'm back in to the $1000 GTD (whatever that means) tournament starting...well...now....8-6 offsuit opening hand...I mean...really...

No comments: