Sunday, August 26, 2007

Crimes against music

I've blogged about this before but today I was watching Voyager on the Sci-Fi channel - the one where they find the planet that's made-up of nothing but ocean and Paris manages to get himself court-martialed and reduced in rank through the most tenuous of plot-lines - and during the show they ran a commercial for their other sci-fi shows. The travesty was that the theme being run over the commercial was The Only One's 'Another Girl, Another Planet' - one of my top three songs of all time.

Having Blink182 butcher it I thought would have been enough...but no, we had to find it being used in an advert. Still, at least they used the original version. If you've never heard the song, and it wouldn't surprise me if you hadn't, the video is below.



Incidently, Paris did 30 days in the brigg, during which he wrote a letter to his father, whose expectations Paris never seemed to live up to. We never found out what happened to the ocean planet. I'd imagine they never made it onto Leve 6 water restrictions.

No comments: