Friday, August 31, 2007

Western Digital MyBook

I'm about to smash it up.

I am trying to back-up huge amounts of data from my computer to the external USB hard-drive and I keep getting the message 'cannot copy:path too deep' when I reach certain files.

All of the searches I have done on Google suggest that the problem is one of a number of things - all of which I have checked. I've even swapped the drive out and got a new one. So really the problem is probably elsewhere, but it makes it far more satisfying blaming it on the little black box rather than the big black box.

Just emailed the manufacturers to see if they can shed some light on it. If they can't, I'm taking a hammer to it. Or taking it back to Hardley Normal. The latter option would probably be more constructive and save me $200, but the former option would FEEL SOOOOO GOOD.

No comments: