Thursday, August 23, 2007

RoboSweep

Sweep returned, after 2 and a half weeks away, with a shock look in her eyes, half the whiskers missing on the right side of her face, and a smashed up leg. Vet thinks someone kicked her. Anyway, original vet diagnosis was wrong, and we took her back in Tuesday to get her fixed up properly. Bone at top of her leg was shattered and she needed a metal pin going through the middle of it. OUCH.

So vet does job and I pick her up this morning...we have RoboSweep. A cat reborn from an old cat plus reinforced skeleton. With a gun. And a cool helmet. No...that's the film. Easy to mistake the two.

Anyhow, she has to stay on the ground for the next four weeks. Can't jump up onto and off anything. This is not going to be easy. This cat would climb on a....erm...something if it were there to be climbed upon. I was going really well with that example until I actually had to come up with the example itself.

Other news, I still can't stand Will & Lemo. Dan & Ken don't really do a whole lot better. I want to play some poker but I can't face going out in the rain. I also want to go and get some dinner from the supermarket but am facing the same issues ala the poker. And I had lunch with Steven Bradbury yesterday who is a very nice man and gave me a signed copy of his book. The chef also gave me lots of chips. All-in-all a win all round on the lunch front. Today's lunch was markedly different. A dry turkey sandwich.

No comments: